With the constantly changing winter weather we have around South Georgian Bay, I thought I would share a good tip on how to walk on ice to avoid nasty falls (and trips to the emergency room)!
You can minimize your risk of falling on the ice. The Penguin walk helps remind us how to walk on ice.
- Keep your weight forward and on your front foot
- Keep your arms out by your side to help you balance
- Walk flat footed and take short shuffling steps
- Wear footwear that provides traction
- Step down, not out from curbs
- Keeps your knees slightly bent
- Walk on snow or grass if possible