With the constantly changing winter weather we have around South Georgian Bay, I thought I would share a good tip on how to walk on ice to avoid nasty falls (and trips to the emergency room)!
You can minimize your risk of falling on the ice. The Penguin walk helps remind us how to walk on ice.
- Keep your weight forward and on your front foot
- Keep your arms out by your side to help you balance
- Walk flat footed and take short shuffling steps
- Wear footwear that provides traction
- Step down, not out from curbs
- Keeps your knees slightly bent
- Walk on snow or grass if possible
Source : http://www.klkntv.com/story/39830070/people-are-already-falling-on-the-ice-here-are-a-few-tips-to-avoid-falling
4 thoughts on “Winter Lessons: How to walk on ice”
Hey Sarg……. it’s Peter Penguin here ! Guess my agent told you I have back issue. Have been doing Mackenzie stuff, but its not moving, so I have an appt with Julie on Monday to start my healing with some traction. Geez Looeez, If it aint one thingie, it’s two thingies, eh? Have a good weekend Will be back shortly to your classes. PP
Yes your agent has kept me up to date! You are in good hands with Julie! See you when you are ready to go!
Bonnie, Do you mind if I forward this email to friends? I think it is brilliant. Please let me know. Thanks. Joan
Sent from my iPad
Hi Joan, feel free to forward to anyone you think can benefit!!