Here is some great nutrition information for everyone from Jennnifer Broxterman. Jennifer is a Registered Dietitian from London Ontario.
Here she offers healthy eating and lifestyle advice to strengthen your immune system during the COVID-19 pandemic. Whole food ideas, supplement guidelines, and evidenced-based nutrition and self-care advice to help you stay healthy.
Click Here to watch and listen to her nutritional advice for everyone:
Here are the links to the free PDF’s that she discusses in the video above:
SELF-CARE LIST SUMMARIZED
- Shift your mindset to actions that you have TOTAL CONTROL over (vs. some or no control)
- Whole foods = preventative medicine
- Plan ahead (batch cook, but don’t panic buy or hoard food)
- Nutrients of focus: protein, vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc
- Stay hydrated (hot liquids help break up the mucus in the lungs)
- Hand hygiene & frequently clean high touch surfaces
- Parasympathetic recovery (support your rest, digest, and recovery pathways)
- Sunlight & fresh air are natural germicidal agents
- Practice gratitude & stoicism
- Take action NOW and be proactive on what you have direct control over. Don’t panic, but be prepared.